1) A blue blooded large-cap - ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip
Our analyst explains why a Bronze rating has been assigned to this fund.
2) A small fund that packs a punch - DSP BlackRock Micro Cap
The fund made its mark in 2009 and shot out the lights in 2010. However, its impressive returns can be attributed to the last two years.
3) 3 large-cap funds that have made an impression - BSL Frontline Equity, ICICI Prudential Top 100, SBI Bluechip
Kaustubh Belapurkar, Director of Fund Research at Morningstar Investment Adviser, on why large-caps are essential to a portfolio along with his picks.
4) 2 funds to watch for - SBI Bluechip, SBI Magnum Midcap
Funds from the SBI stable have gained a lot of positive traction in the recent past.
5) A reliable mid- and small-cap fund - Franklin India Smaller Companies
The fund had a bad run in 2007 and 2008, but went on to redeem itself. It has beaten the category average every year since and matched it in 2011.
6) An unfair comparison - Reliance Growth, Franklin India Prima
Both these funds shared common ground at one time, but each has its own distinct character.
7) Still a viable proposition - Reliance Vision
The fund has been around for over 2 decades. Our analyst has given it a Bronze rating.
8) 4 mid- and small-cap funds to consider
At the start of the year, our analyst suggested Franklin India Prima, Franklin India Smaller Companies, ICICI Prudential Midcap and DSP BlackRock Micro Cap.
9) A fund with a niche strategy - BSL MNC
Our analyst looks at this fund and speaks with the AMC's chief investment officer on what makes it a success.
10) Best performing ELSS
We look at the 3-year annualized returns and selected the top 10 performers.